Thursday, August 12, 2010

Restaurant experience: 3030 Ocean

Located at Marriot's Harbor Beach resort and Spa in Fort Lauderdale. http://www.3030ocean.com/
Now we went there in 2005, so things may have change since then. But from what I can see through the website, they still have the most awesome (there's that word again) tuna tartar I've ever tasted.


This was the first time I had a tartar of any kind, and unfortunately (much to my embarrassment today) pronounced it the same way you would dental tartar. It's listed as Spicy Tuna Tartar, Pickled Radishes, Yuzu Aioli. 


I've tried to replicate this dish, but back then I didn't have as much skill to dissect a dish as I do now. I would have to go back and try it again. I don't see much reason to go to Florida, except to go back to 3030 Ocean. 


Well, if you happen to be in the neighborhood and love fresh fish and seafood, they are absolutely fantastic at what they do and I would recommend it to anyone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment