Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crispy Kale with Lemon-Yogurt Dip


I had heard about kale and seen it often at our fruit store. I was always curious about trying it, I just never had a recipe that required it. When I saw the picture of crispy kale in the Food and Wine magazine I figured this was my chance! What a wonderful discovery! Kale is delicious, surprisingly packed with flavour. What I like about this one is that it's super quick and much healthier than your standard finger food. It's the perfect thing to serve to your guests before a meal. This recipe is also from Chef Seamus Mullen.

  • 1 pound of curly kale, stems and large inner ribs removed
  • 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • salt and pepper 
  • 1 cup of plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a bowl, toss the kale with all but 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and half the garlic. Spread the kale on 2 baking sheets and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes until crisp.

Season the kale with salt and pepper and transfer to a large platter.

In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the lemon zest and juice and the remaining garlic and 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the kale.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy... please make this for me sometime!! Good for Dan's no carb days!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 kale!
    Sistor-in-law

    ReplyDelete